What’s for dinner? Are you hungry and asking yourself that very question?
Here are seven tips to help you eat a well-balanced meal, control your cravings, and feel full longer.
1) Every meal needs protein and fiber. These two nutrients work together to help you feel satisfied longer and provide much-needed energy.
2) When you’re choosing snacks, go for taste as well as health. Repeat the mantra to yourself: healthy food can be and is satisfying. If you don’t like broccoli, don’t force yourself to eat it—there are plenty of other healthy fruits and vegetables out there.
3) Prepare ahead. Plan out your meals a week in advance. If you look at your app store, there are plenty of free apps that can help you with this. Then, when you’re making dinner, make extra meat and veggies, portion them out, and put them in containers for later. Stock up on healthy foods when you shop, and avoid the pre-packaged items.
4) 4) doTERRA® has a cabinet full of oils to incorporate into your meal prep and favorite recipes—from Lemon and Lime to Oregano and Basil. Try giving your food more flavor with one or two drops of essential oils.
5) Make a Slim & Sassy® TrimShake instead of a meal or a snack. TrimShake is the ideal protein shake that also helps you manage hunger and cravings for other foods. Click here for 30 days of recipes with Slim & Sassy® TrimShake mix
6) Practice portion control. Remember, your stomach is the size of your fist. Look at and follow the recommended serving sizes for any foods you are eating.
7) Dessert. You can still have dessert, just limit to once a week. The five to six meal plan is not about deprivation—we want you to reward yourself.